Sunday, July 5, 2009

3 beautiful things: July 4, 2009

Happy July 4 everyone and Happy Birthday to our great country. It was a lazy, carefree day around our family today...enjoying time with family around the pool, cooking hamburgers and hotdogs, and watching fireworks. So what three beautiful things did I see today?

Obviously one of the things was the firework display at the lake. I love the sparkly ones that burst and crackle. The night was so cool and pleasant with the rain and cloud cover. The brilliant colors of the fireworks are always beautiful against the dark sky.

Another beautiful thing I saw today was my son-in-law carrying my grandson getting him ready for bed. Cam's tired little head rested on his daddy's shoulder and he was ready to go to sleep. He has had an exciting weekend spending time with his cousins, swimming, and making ice cream in a bag.

The third beautiful thing I saw today was a turtle in my mother-in-law's backyard. This is a regular occurance. I firmly believe that word spreads throughout the turtle community that this lady is the one to visit for fresh bread. She can sit on the patio and talk to them and feed them bread. But as soon as any of the rest of us make a step outdoors...they are gone. She loves these animals and they seem to return the favor.

Again, Happy July 4 to everyone.

No comments: